5.12.2008

Apologies to Mr. Downey

A disclaimer: I'm sick today. The level of inspiration that typically infuses these posts may seem strangely absent. In light of that, I'll try and keep things brief.

I saw Iron Man over the weekend, and was duly impressed. I can't imagine them casting anyone else for the role of Tony Stark -- Bobby captures the character perfectly. In that spirit, I'd like to openly apologize for any offence I may have leveled against him in my last post.

I'm sorry, Robert. Your movie doesn't ask me to believe anything utterly stupid -- relative to some other superhero flicks I could name -- aside from making allowances for the ridiculously advanced technology on display. Stark's workspace is easily as impressive as his suit, which is, thank God, a perfect little diamond of awesome.

Sorry for the harsh dismissal, Robert. You could probably kick
Niko Bellic's ass if you really tried,providing you snuck up from behind.

While we're on the subject, GTAIV continues to rock my face. It's long: I'm thirty hours in and have completed a little more than two-thirds of the main plotline, plus a few side missions. I might post a follow-up review upon completion. We'll see.

Enough of that. Here's some music, ripped straight from today's blogs and regurgitated for your benefit.

First up is Loose Shus. Every week or so, I comb my RSS subscriptions for free music and download it to my iPod, then review the latest while driving to and from work. Inevitably, I end up paring down the songs to about ten or so that I'll seriously consider from a mixing perspective, and out of that dozen or so tracks, one or two will emerge that fulfill my criteria more or less completely. Last week's winner is a track called Total Fox. The editing is just brash enough, the samples are just kitchy enough, it's dancable, not too busy so as not to be mixable, and, to my ears, nothing if not versatile. Try a taste and tell me whether or not I'm full of shit.

Loose Shus -- Total Fox

Thanks, Disco Dust. Here's an interview with Loose Shus, as well.

A close second is this track by Maral Salmassi and remixed by FUKKK OFF. Called "Fire Gem", it starts off straightforward and gradually morphs into three or four different tracks as it continues along its merry, lengthly way. I'd say more, but I don't have my iPod with me, and all that I remember right now is that I like it a lot. Told you I was sick.

Maral Salmassi -- Fire Gem (FUKKK OFF remix)

Credit for this one goes to Missing Toof, and most likely to a dozen other blogs as well.

That's all for now. I have some Airborne to drink.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

kinda all over the place today, are we?

JMW said...

the 1st track is a bit chromeo derivitive
kinda filler and the high end female vocals remind me of kavinsky, and only kavinsky can do kavinsky well except maybe the hoff

the 2nd track wouldnt play 4 me :(